- Acupuncture Works, LLC114 Duncraig Dr.
Lynchburg VA 24502(434) 237-0302
Clinic HoursBy appointment only
Monday through Friday
- • Healthy Choices for a Healthy Spring •
- • Tips and Tricks for a Sparkling Spring •
- • Fitness Routine Spring Cleaning •
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:“The Top 10 Reasons to Try Acupuncture”
Do you Suffer from Adrenal Fatigue?
Are you one of the many who suffer from a common condition known as adrenal fatigue? The adrenals are endocrine glands the size of walnuts which are located on top of the kidneys. The outer layers are known to create more than 30 hormones or hormone-like substances which are integrated into virtually every function of the body. The inner part of the adrenal gland is an extension of nerve tissue providing quick jolts of energy to help us handle “emergencies.” Unfortunately, our busy lifestyle seems like one emergency after another to our adrenal glands, so they end up getting exhausted and overworked. And without healthy adrenal glands we suffer.
Think of your adrenals as if they were muscles. Muscles contract when a need arises and relax when the need passes. Constant stressful stimulation of the adrenals ultimately leads to adrenal exhaustion. Try holding even a small hand weight straight out from your body – it won’t take long before your arm will fatigue. Similarly, the adrenals will respond to stress and fatigue if not given an opportunity to “relax”, rand restore function. In this way, constant stress leads to the loss of normal adrenal function.
How can your diet support healthy adrenal function? You can first focus on eliminating or reducing the triggers that are counter supportive to healthy function. These include: refined carbohydrates – junk foods – physical and mental strain – sleep deprivation – environmental toxins – trauma / injury – anger – fear – worry – stress/anxiety – overworking – noise pollution – Inflammation – infections – nutritional deficiencies – food allergies – low blood sugar.
Take positive steps to support and nurture your adrenals by
- Eating fresh whole foods and plenty of dark green vegetables
- Learning how to breathe properly
- Getting to bed early and enjoying a deep, restful sleep
- Purifying your body of toxins as they build up in your body systems
- Correcting any allergies or food sensitivities
- Enjoying regular, gentle exercises like stretching and walking
- Taking time to relax and meditate every day
- Eating your food slowly and intentionally
- Regularly scheduling downtime or “mini-vacations” on your calendar
Contact me to find out more about these action steps toward wellness. Email firstname.lastname@example.org